Note: Hi, mates! Just a a fast reminder – a number of the hyperlinks on this web site are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I’ll earn a little bit money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t price you something further, and is a pleasant means to assist assist this web site! I additionally wish to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t truly tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
If you observe me on instagram in any respect, you in all probability know that I LOVE cabbage. I eat it virtually day-after-day in some type or one other, however I normally find yourself simply sauteing it or making my favourite crack slaw. Sometimes, although, I would like one thing that feels a little bit extra substantive, one thing noodle-y. A dish I actually favored again once I ate actual pasta was a extremely easy dish made by sauteing cabbage and noodles in butter. This is my gluten-free, vegan, paleo and keto tackle that very meal.
This dish is very easy to make, however is kind of filling and makes for some beautiful vegan keto consolation meals, particularly on a cold fall/winter/spring day.
To make this keto noodles and cabbage dish, you want the next:
- inexperienced/white cabbage
- shirataki noodles (or zucchini noodles)
- vegan buttery unfold (the one I take advantage of is from my cookbook!)
- dietary yeast
- salt & pepper
- recent dill
The fundamental concept is that you just slice the cabbage actually thinly and saute it with the cabbage within the butter unfold. Then, combine within the dietary yeast, season as you want and garnish with some chopped recent dill. It’s tremendous simple to make, however actually scrumptious.
This can be a dish that may be simply tailored. I generally like so as to add in hemp seeds for protein and mushrooms for some added taste and vitamin, however you may add in no matter greens fit your fancy.
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Buttery Noodles & Cabbage (gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free)
- I take advantage of the buttery unfold from my cookbook, which is entire foods-based. You may also purchase entire foods-based spreads from manufacturers like Miyoko’s Kitchen or simply use your favourite vegan butter substitute. They ought to all work!
- I wish to serve this with some sauerkraut blended in, and also will add a tbsp or two of hemp seeds.
- If you wish to make this a extra filling meal, you may combine in as much as four tbsp of hemp seeds or toss some baked tofu on high for added fat and protein.
- If shirataki noodles aren’t your factor, you need to use zucchini noodles (or your favourite veggie noodles) as an alternative. Because zucchini noodles can’t take the warmth so long as shirataki noodles, I’d advocate throwing them in on the finish, after the cabbage is absolutely cooked and sauteing for an additional minute or two till they attain the feel you’re after!
- The dietary yeast right here supplies a number of the buttery taste in addition to protein and a bunch of B nutritional vitamins. Neither brewer’s yeast nor common baker’s yeast can be utilized right here as an alternative. If you don’t have dietary yeast, you may simply go away it out.
- If you don’t have recent dill, you may use dried as an alternative, simply remember to add it in whereas the whole lot continues to be cooking, so the flavour spreads all through the entire dish!
- While I attempt to supply correct dietary data, there are numerous manufacturers and varieties of the identical ingredient with differing dietary values, so your calculations could fluctuate!
Vegan Keto Buttery Noodles & Cabbage (gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free)
This wealthy and buttery-tasting, gluten-free, vegan keto noodles and cabbage dish is nutritionally-dense and deliciously warming consolation meals.
- 2 tbsp vegan buttery unfold
- eight oz (225g) thinly sliced inexperienced/white cabbage
- 1 8oz (225g) bag of shirataki noodles
- 1/four cup (20g) dietary yeast
- salt & pepper to style
- 2 tbsp chopped recent dill
- Drain and rinse the noodles completely.
- In a big frying pan, saute the cabbage and noodles within the buttery unfold till the cabbage is completely mushy and the surplus liquid has evaporated.
- Remove the pan from the warmth and stir within the dietary yeast. Salt and pepper to style.
- Divide between two plates, garnish with recent dill and revel in!