Note: Hi, pals! Just a a fast reminder – a few of the hyperlinks on this web site are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I could earn a little bit money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t value you something further, and is a pleasant method to assist help this web site! I additionally need to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t truly tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
Oh, hello pals. I hope everyone seems to be staying wholesome all through this complete pandemic. You’ve could have seen that I haven’t been posting new recipes recently, and that’s mainly as a result of it has been difficult to supply elements recently. I determine if I’m having bother with getting groceries, you guys in all probability are, too. I additionally haven’t actually been eager on the concept of recipe testing and utilizing up numerous these treasured elements, and so I’ve been sticking to tried-and-true recipes (in spite of everything, there are nearly 200 on this web site alone, plus these in my cookbook and meal plans!). I had a longing for ramen the opposite day, although, so I assumed I might whip some up utilizing solely pantry elements.
As you may see from the images, and guess from the idea, this can be a actually fundamental vegan keto ramen. It’s a one-pot affair with There is nothing fancy happening and each single ingredient used got here straight out of my pantry. So, run to your kitchen and seize the next:
- shirataki noodles
- shelf-stable tofu
- vegetable broth
- low-sodium tamari (or soy sauce, coconut aminos or liquid aminos)
- garlic powder
- floor ginger
- sesame seeds
I additionally often garnish with some sesame seeds and chili flakes, for a little bit further oomph. All of those elements are issues that I’ve been capable of get fairly simply these previous few months and all of them are issues that I usually preserve in my pantry. I do know numerous grocery shops promote shirataki noodles within the refrigerated part, however most don’t truly should be saved chilly!
The shirataki noodles preserve issues gluten-free and low-carb. If you favor, you need to use kelp noodles or zucchini noodles as a substitute. The technique is just about precisely the identical for all three. Just be conscious that zucchini noodles (or any vegetable noodles, actually) will hit some extent the place they turn out to be too smooth. So, if utilizing vegetable noodles, simply control them!
I actually hope you take pleasure in this recipe, and that you’ve got all of the elements in your pantry already! It’s a reasonably versatile recipe, so you may simply sub in lots of issues for what I’ve outlined right here. If you do make it, I’d like to understand how yours turned out! I at all times take pleasure in seeing photos of different individuals’s meals and the enjoyable and fascinating twists you guys placed on these recipes! Feel free to tag me @meatfreeketo and use the hashtag #meatfreeketo. 🙂
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Almost-Instant Pantry Ramen (gluten-free)
- I say “almost-instant” as a result of it truly takes me about the identical period of time to make this because it does to make “instant” ramen, the place I’ve to boil water first.
- Like I discussed above, you need to use kelp noodles or any sort of vegetable noodle instead of the shirataki noodles. Just remember that vegetable noodles will finally soften up an excessive amount of if left on the warmth too lengthy!
- You can, after all, use common tofu right here, and even hemp tofu.
- If you don’t have any nori or seaweed of any type, simply depart it out! I prefer it, nevertheless it gained’t make or break this.
- I prefer to garnish with sesame seeds and chili flakes. Scallions are one other good contact (although clearly not a pantry merchandise).
- I attempt to present correct dietary data, however totally different elements and types have totally different values, so your calculations could fluctuate.
Low Carb Vegan Almost-Instant Pantry Ramen (gluten-free)
This is an easy, scrumptious low carb and gluten-free ramen made with pantry staples!
- 2 cups (480ml) vegetable broth
- 2 cups (480ml) water
- 1 package deal shiritaki noodles (often round 200g/7oz or 225g/8oz)
- 1 package deal shelf-stable tofu
- 1-2 tbsp low-sodium tamari
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/four tsp powdered ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1-2 nori sheets (elective)
- Drain and rinse noodles. Cube up tofu. Is utilizing nori, minimize these into strips (I exploit a pair of scissors for this!). Add all of the elements to a medium-sized pot with a lid and warmth on low-medium till it involves a simmer. Let simmer for about 5 minutes, till the tofu is barely firmer. Let cool earlier than serving, garnish as desired and revel in!2