Who doesn’t love dense, nutty, and flavorful banana bread? This recipe is low carb, sugar free, and gluten free. It makes the right meal prep breakfast, or seize and go snack. Make a loaf and get again to snacking in your childhood favourite deal with!
Are Bananas Keto?
Sadly bananas are NOT keto. A medium sized banana has 27 grams of carbs, three of that are fiber, and 14 of that are sugar (1). While they do have some nutritional vitamins and minerals, the carb depend alone is just too excessive to be loved on a keto weight-reduction plan. Occasionally small quantities may be integrated in a low carb weight-reduction plan, however a complete banana bread product of them undoubtedly doesn’t hit the keto mark.
Instead of utilizing bananas on this recipe we determined to make use of banana extract. Banana extract is a calorie free banana flavored product designed to imitate a bananas taste with none sugar. While it isn’t any mashed banana, it’s a nice choice to exchange the excessive carb fruit you understand and love in keto recipes. Make certain whichever banana extract you select is calorie and carb free. Even the top quality flavorings are nonetheless pretty low cost so we suggest an natural banana extract.
FREE PRINTABLE: Keto Food List
Join 150,000 others to get a FREE keto meals record and new recipes each week!
Does Banana Extract Taste Artificial?
We completely perceive this concern in the case of flavorings. No one needs their childhood banana laffy taffy to style the identical as their banana bread. However, the quantity we use on this recipe is simply sufficient to offer that banana taste with out being too overpowering and coating your palate. If you’re involved about including an excessive amount of, begin small and style as you go!
Is Banana Bread Healthy?
This banana bread recipe has all of the banana taste you want with out the carbs. A standard banana bread recipe has mashed banana and added sugar which means there may be 50 grams of internet carbs and over 400 energy in a single slice (2)! Our banana bread recipe then again is simply Four internet carbs and 332 energy that can assist you keep wholesome and on monitor along with your low carb weight-reduction plan.
Sugar Free Banana Bread
We suppose sticking to sugar free meals is tremendous essential. That’s why our banana bread makes use of banana extract free from sugar as an alternative of the normal excessive sugar fruit. We additionally subbed common sugar for a low carb keto pleasant sweetener generally known as erythritol. It received’t spike your insulin like common sugar which means it’s going to stop the well-known sugar crash. Making low sugar recipes can be essential for keto dieters as a result of it retains the carbs low so you possibly can keep on monitor. Creating banana bread that’s free from bananas and as an alternative makes use of banana extract is a giant step in the direction of lowering extra un-needed carbs.
Gluten Free Banana Bread
Our banana bread keto recipe can be gluten free. This is as a result of we selected to make use of almond flour and coconut flour over conventional all-purpose flour. Standard white flour has 95 grams of carbs per cup, and 92 grams of internet carbs. This would undoubtedly not be keto, since you would want Three-Four cups simply to fill the loaf pan. By utilizing coconut and almond flour we add fiber which aids in satiety, in addition to reducing blood sugar. These flours will assist to maintain you full and glad with no dip in vitality after consuming.
Dairy Free Keto Banana Bread
This recipe can actually be made dairy free. There is just one ingredient on this recipe that has dairy and that’s the butter. If you’re dairy free merely sub the butter for coconut oil. It could alter the flavour barely, however not sufficient to essentially change the general recipe. Try making a tropical banana bread with coconut oil, darkish chocolate, and shredded coconut for a flowery deal with!
How to Make Keto Banana Bread
This keto banana bread tastes identical to the unique. It’s nutty, dense, and full of banana taste so you possibly can benefit from the breakfast bread you understand and love.
To make this keto banana bread we’ll first want the dry substances. We used a mix of each almond flour and coconut flour to realize the best fast bread recipe texture. Then we added baking powder for rise and cinnamon for a warming spiced taste. Lastly you have to some salt to deliver out the sweetness of this banana bread recipe.
The moist substances include softened unsalted butter and cream cheese. We used softened butter over melted butter to permit for extra construction within the batter. Unsalted butter is normally the way in which to go when baking, as a result of salt is added to the dry substances. However, if you happen to solely have salted butter simply cut back on the added salt above. Next you have to granular erythritol (or another keto sweetener akin to monk fruit or monk fruit and erythritol blends). Normally we may even use a mix of liquid stevia to steadiness out the sugar alcohols, so be sure that to have some stevia available too. The final substances are eggs, almond milk, chopped nuts, and the key ingredient: banana extract.
Making Low Carb Banana Bread
If you’re able to get began and make keto banana bread you’ve come to the suitable place. Get out your loaf pan and let’s get began with this straightforward keto banana bread!
Begin by preheating your oven to 350F. Line a 9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and put aside. Then in a small bowl, mix the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix all of the substances collectively effectively to stop clumps. In a unique bowl that’s bigger, mix the softened butter (not melted butter), cream cheese, erythritol, and stevia.
Once the butter, cream cheese, and sweeteners are creamed collectively add the eggs in one by one. When all of the eggs have been added you possibly can put the almond milk and banana taste in with it. Mix effectively once more (we used a hand mixer).
The egg combination could look a bit curdled, however that’s okay. The batter will come collectively when all the pieces is added.
Sprinkle the dry combination into the moist and stir all the pieces throughly to stop clumps of flour.
Now it’s time to fold within the nuts of alternative. You can even add chocolate if desired.
Transfer the batter into your parchment paper lined loaf pan after which add any desired toppings. Cover the recipe with aluminum foil and bake the banana bread for 45-50 minutes. Remove the foil from the highest of the recipe across the 40 minute mark. This will permit the highest to brown. Remove from the oven as soon as the middle is generally set, and a toothpick comes out nearly absolutely clear.
Allow the keto banana bread to chill within the pan utterly earlier than slicing.
Storing Almond Flour Banana Bread
- Storing– This keto banana bread recipe shouldn’t be saved at room temperature. Instead, retailer it within the fridge.
- Freezing– We suggest slicing the banana bread earlier than freezing. Keto flours create a unique sort of crumb than common flour, so it’s going to freeze as one unslice-able brick if it isn’t reduce. Place the sliced banana bread into ziplock luggage and freeze to stop sticking.
Can I Make Banana Bread Keto Muffins?
If you would favor to make banana bread muffins that’s 100% okay and simple to do! Our sugar free banana bread recipe works nice for meal prep which is why we really suggest making pre portioned cups. The greatest keto banana bread recipe is tremendous versatile and tastes scrumptious in each kind!
To make keto banana bread muffins divide your batter right into a muffin lined tin, or a silicone muffin pan on prime of a baking sheet. Top along with your desired nuts and bake 20-25 minutes, or till a toothpick comes out clear.
Optional Mix -Ins
This low carb banana bread recipe is one of the best as a result of it has a nutty taste from the coconut flour and almond flour. However, everybody is aware of little bits of nuts and chocolate are what make a banana bread further scrumptious. Below now we have compiled our favourite gluten free and sugar free combine -ins on your subsequent keto banana bread baking day.
Pretty a lot any nut will style scrumptious in banana bread, however our favorites should be walnuts and pecans. They are softer nuts which have a buttery style and texture that bake effectively with out being too dangerously crunchy. A whole record of nut choices are:
- Walnuts- An excellent low carb and excessive fats nut that’s conventional in most banana breads
- Pecans- Another excessive fats nut that’s wealthy in fiber, good for stabilizing blood sugar.(Three)
- Chopped Almonds- These are going to be a bit crunchier than a conventional keto banana bread nut, however style simply as scrumptious.
- A handful of roughly chopped cashews- Cashews are the best carb nut, however in small quantities chopped they shouldn’t add greater than a carb per serving.
The nut you select is as much as you, simply know that the carb counts will change based mostly in your alternative. Walnuts are probably the most conventional in a banana bread recipe, however that doesn’t imply you shouldn’t get inventive and check out new combos.
For these questioning you CAN have your chocolate chip banana bread on keto. The solely distinction is that now we use coconut flour within the base, and sugar free chocolate chips on prime! Some issues to search for when choosing a sugar free chocolate is:
- Is it Really Sugar Free?– Check for sugars with fancy names like fructose, cane sugar, coconut sugar, ect. They could not say refined sugar, however that doesn’t make them keto.
- Are They Free From Bad Sugar Alcohols?– You’d be stunned simply what number of sugar free candies are full of sweeteners like sucralose and Maltitol. Not solely are they arduous on the intestine, however within the case of Maltitol it reacts in your physique identical to sugar! For extra data on one of the best keto sweeteners try our in depth keto sweeteners blogpost.
- Is it Dark Chocolate– Sometimes after we are checking all of the little issues we neglect the large ones! Double examine that the chocolate you purchase is darkish chocolate, except it’s licensed keto/ sugar free milk chocolate like one from Lily’s.
Best Keto Chocolates
To make it even simpler for you we already listed just a few of one of the best keto permitted candies and chocolate chips beneath. Now you possibly can have your keto banana bread with out the usual 30 internet carbs per slice!
- 100% Bakers Chocolate– Bakers chocolate is simply that, chocolate for baking. It is a bitter darkish chocolate in its pure state, aka no added cream or sugar. It is excessive in fiber and low in internet carbs making it the right chocolate contact to your low carb banana bread loaf.
- Lily’s Bars– Lily’s Chocolate bars are sweetened with stevia and erythritol creating one of the best sugar tasting sugar free chocolate bar. Sweet chocolate together with the banana extract and walnuts makes for an genuine banana bread style.
- Lily’s Chocolate Chips– Not solely are their bars sweetened with top quality substances, however so are their chocolate chips. We love the semi candy chips on this keto banana bread and know you’ll too!
Depending on if you happen to select chips or bars you might want to cut the chocolate. For bars we love a pleasant tough chop so you possibly can have chunks of chocolate in each chew. If you select chips be happy to be heavy handed and revel in your culinary masterpiece with a little bit further chocolate.
Tips to Make the Best Keto Banana Bread Recipe
- Cover with Foil– This banana bread is fairly straightforward to make and requires only a little bit of prepping earlier than baking. While a fast bread to make exterior of the oven; will probably be within the oven for some time, so we wish to be sure that the highest of our keto bread doesn’t brown an excessive amount of. Make certain to cowl it with foil whereas it bakes.
- Don’t Over Bake– Make certain your keto bread doesn’t keep within the oven for too lengthy. If you bake it previous simply being cooked it might brown an excessive amount of or grow to be dry. A very good check is placing a toothpick in and seeing if it comes out nearly all the way in which clear. Such a dense loaf will cook dinner a bit extra whereas it rests.
- Try it Dairy Free– You heard proper, this recipe may be made dairy free! There is just one ingredient in right here with dairy and that’s the butter. Try subbing the butter for softened/ melted coconut oil. Coconut oil will protect the banana taste, but in addition offer you a tropical banana bread type recipe.
- Measure Your Ingredients– This looks as if a no brainer when baking, however measuring your substances ensures all ratios are as correct as attainable, thus avoiding dry bread. If you possibly can even weigh the dry substances, that may add one other layer of safety that your low carb keto banana bread is as good as may be!
How to Top Keto Banana Bread
There are loads of methods to prime your low carb keto banana bread relying on in order for you an aesthetically stunning banana bread, or a toppings loaded banana bread. Our favourite methods to prime keto banana bread are:
- Using Real Banana!– Bananas will not be low carb, nevertheless if you happen to did wish to slice an actual banana so as to add on prime you’d solely add about 2-Three grams of carbs per slice. Real banana bread normally has banana topping, however if you wish to make banana bread low carb utterly it’s greatest to omit it.
- Nuts– If you tried this recipe and didn’t add nuts what had been you pondering!? If you’re keen on banana bread, this keto banana bread with nuts is bound to knock your socks off. Make this recipe with an additional 1/Four cup of walnuts pressed on prime for added crunch and wonder to the low carb bread loaf.
- Chocolate– Yes we did add chocolate inside, and sure we’ll add much more scrumptious low carb chocolate on prime. Normally we’ll take full items of the Lily’s bars (that are smaller squares) and place them on prime of the bread earlier than baking. They grow to be heat gooey pockets of chocolate on prime. If you want keto pleasant banana bread with none chocolate I don’t know if we may be associates…
Make certain that no matter substances you add on prime of the bread you barely press in. Things like actual bananas and chunks of chocolate will rise a bit and we wish to be sure that they stick. Like all the time bear in mind the carb depend will change relying on the toppings used (particularly if it’s actual bananas!).
More Gluten Free Keto Desserts
If this banana bread recipe has you excited, wait till you see our different keto recipes! We have a spread of all the pieces from fudgy brownies and muffins, to lemon drizzle cookies and strawberry cheesecakes. Some of our favorites are:
- Deep Fried Keto Donuts– A scrumptious deep fried donut that’s smooth on the within and crispy on the skin. They have a base of almond flour and psyllium husk to offer them a conventional donut gap’s texture. With a pinch of baking powder to offer them a fragile crisp and fluff. They make the right keto dessert whenever you’re craving a donut.
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies– Just like grandma used to make, however on a low carb weight-reduction plan! These keto cookies have moist and dry substances to make one of the best chewy keto chocolate chip cookies.
- Keto Lemon Bars– Our keto lemon bars recipe makes a lightweight and refreshing deal with to finish your busy summer time nights. They have recent lemon and are topped with keto powdered sweetener for an genuine lemon bar really feel.
These are just some of our favourite keto recipes, however if you’re in search of much more straightforward keto pleasant recipes try the desserts part on our weblog.
Keto Banana Bread
This low carb banana bread recipe is ideal for these with children or choosy eaters. It tastes identical to the nutty loaf you bear in mind, with no sugar crash after. With solely Four internet carbs per slice this low carb banana bread recipe is bound to grow to be a household favourite!
Keto Banana Bread
Dense and nutty keto banana bread good to pair with a pat of butter!
Calories per serving 332kcal
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and put aside.
In a small mixing bowl, mix almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; combine effectively.
In a separate bigger bowl, mix butter, cream cheese, erythritol, and stevia, mixing till easy. Add within the eggs, one by one, then milk and banana extract, mixing till effectively mixed. The combination will look curdled, however that’s alright.
Add dry combination to moist and blend effectively, till mixed. Fold in nuts (if utilizing), then switch to the lined pan. Cover the pan utterly in aluminum foil.
Bake the banana bread for 45-50 minutes, eradicating the tin foil across the 40 minute mark, to permit prime to brown. Remove from the oven as soon as the middle is generally set.
Let the bread cool within the pan utterly, earlier than slicing.
Keto Banana Bread
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 288
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 13g65%
Trans Fat 1g
Vitamin A 629IU13%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight-reduction plan.