Our keto hamburger buns are fluffy and bread-y, simply how they need to be. Plus these low carb hamburger buns really maintain as much as all of your scrumptious keto toppings. No extra soggy keto cloud bread or overly crunchy cheese wraps, as a result of these almond flour hamburger buns are certain to knock your socks off!
Are Hamburger Buns Keto?
As scrumptious as bread is sadly normal hamburger buns are NOT keto. For one normal sesame seed crusted hamburger bun there are 28 grams of carbs; and fewer than 1 gram of fiber(1). No must concern, our keto hamburger buns are solely TWO internet carbs every!
No More Bun- much less Keto Burgers
While you may have bun- much less burgers on keto, what’s the enjoyable in that! Instead of settling for a boring previous lettuce wrap we introduced the most effective keto hamburger buns to the desk. They are made with a mix of almond flour and coconut flour making them the proper low carb hamburger bun to take pleasure in at any event.
FREE PRINTABLE: Keto Food List
Join 150,000 others to get a FREE keto meals checklist and new recipes each week!
Fathead Keto Hamburger Buns
If you need to make keto pleasant hamburger buns it’s a must to attempt a fathead dough recipe. It makes tender pliable and durable buns when warmed. So what’s fathead dough? Fathead dough is a keto pleasant dough based mostly from mozzarella cheese, almond flour, and eggs. It’s wealthy in fats and protein, whereas nonetheless being tremendous low in carbs. It is a superb recipe for all of your keto baking wants, and never solely can we make this recipe with it, but additionally recipes like pizza, naan, and even bagels!
Why Avoid Fiber
As you may see this recipe consists of no oat fiber or psyllium husk. We’ve discovered that an excessive amount of fiber in our diets can really upset our stomaches and trigger fuel and bloating(2). Overall we felt there was no higher keto pleasant bun path to go than one with none added fiber. These buns are nonetheless gentle, fluffy, and scrumptious, excellent for all of your recipe wants.
Gluten Free Keto Hamburger Buns
If you might be gluten free these keto hamburger buns are going to be the most effective recipe for you. They are made with a mix of coconut and almond flour, two prime quality low carb flours. Now there’s no want to select up overpriced “gluten free” marketed merchandise that are full of rice starch and fillers.
Coconut & Almond Flour
Typical keto bread and low carb burger buns are made with fibers to decrease the carbs. Our keto burger buns then again use prime quality elements like cream cheese, coconut flour, and almond flour. This keto bread/ bun recipe makes use of each coconut and almond flour as a result of it gives the most effective bread like texture with none added fibers to make it chewy. We don’t suggest eradicating both of the 2 flours as a result of each have an vital position in style and texture.
Other Bun Free Options
If you might be so strapped for time making keto burger buns feels like a chore, there are different choices. Some extra vegetable choices embrace:
- Lettuce– This one’s an apparent basic, however just about any restaurant will provide you with a bun-less burger if you happen to ask.
- Roasted Eggplant Slices– Crisp up some eggplant in an air fryer or oven. Then sandwich a burger patty between two slices and fill it with all of the fix- ins.
- Portobello Mushrooms– Portobello mushrooms make nice meaty buns when cooked on a sizzling grill. Drizzle with some olive oil and a sprinkle of salt for further taste.
- Bell Peppers– Bell pepper halves make crisp and refreshing burger buns. We depart them uncooked however they’re additionally nice with a lightweight char from the grill.
These are all scrumptious veggie keto burger buns, however don’t be afraid to go in with the meat. No one ever stated no to a bun- much less burger manufactured from burger patties and further cheese!
What to Put within the Best Keto Hamburger Buns
There are countless recipe choices to place inside these scrumptious keto hamburger buns. Some of our favourite simple to make recipe choices to place on this low carb bread are:
- Buffalo Chicken Burger– These buffalo rooster burgers are the proper burger on your low carb eating regimen. They are full of taste and spice making them a fantastic patty to go alongside our buns recipe.
- Our Loaded Jalapeño Burger– When we are saying loaded, we imply it. This simple to make burger has bacon, cheese, and even grilled jalapeños.
- Low Carb Chicken Salad– Our rooster salad is creamy from prime quality mayo and crisp from contemporary crunchy celery. It’s the proper mix of taste and texture to go inside your fluffy keto hamburger buns. The better part is that it’s simple to make and 100% gluten and sugar free!
Don’t let being on a keto eating regimen cease you from having fun with all of your favourite bake items and burger recipes. Just bake smarter not more durable and revel in all of your favorites!
Can I Make Dairy Free Hamburger Buns?
In order to make hamburger buns keto we needed to swap elements to make a fathead dough (a dough based mostly of cheese and eggs). That being stated, this dough is not going to work with out the cheese and cream cheese. They make the dough chewy and bread- like whereas nonetheless being low in internet carbs. We additionally wouldn’t suggest making an attempt vegan cheese and cream cheese as it could make the dough too moist.
How to Make Keto Hamburger Buns
It’s grilling season and that means it’s time to excellent each your hamburger recipe and burger bun recipe. So let’s get began making the most effective almond flour burger bun you’ve ever had!
These almond flour keto buns are fairly easy to make and don’t require many instruments. All you will have is a big baking sheet, a silpat mat or parchment paper, and an ice cream scoop. If you don’t have an ice cream scoop that’s no drawback, you may simply divide the dough into 4 items your self.
For these keto buns you will have shredded mozzarella, eggs, and cream cheese. Make certain the mozzarella is pre- shredded and never the large contemporary ball sort. If it’s contemporary it is going to have an excessive amount of water and make a soupy mess when microwaved. When you purchase cream cheese make sure that to search for the bottom one in internet carbs. Often occasions cream cheese can have fillers that up the carb depend if you happen to aren’t checking the diet info.
For the dry elements you will have almond flour and coconut flour. We use plain blanched almond flour with out the skins for the most effective general texture. Then you will have baking powder for rise and sesame seeds for topping the buns. Make certain you employ baking powder NOT baking soda. The Sesame Seeds are elective, however extremely beneficial as they offer our keto low carb buns their genuine hamburger bun taste.
Preparing Low Carb Hamburger Buns
To make hamburger buns keto start by preheating the oven to 375 levels F. Then in a bowl microwave the shredded mozzarella and cream cheese. Work in 45 second intervals stirring in- between. If you let it cook dinner too lengthy the cheese could burn within the bowl. You simply need the 2 elements melted and coming collectively within the bowl.
Now add within the egg and egg white.
Stir properly and incorporate within the eggs with a fork. It could also be tough to combine however do your finest to mix the 2. A little bit separation is okay, however you don’t need an excessive amount of.
Once the eggs have mixed add in your keto flours (Almond flour and coconut flour) in addition to the baking powder. A rubber baking spatula could assist with combining within the flours.
Now line your baking sheet with a slipmat or parchment paper. Divide the hamburger bun dough into 4 parts utilizing an ice cream scoop, or your arms. Roll the parts into 4 even balls after which place them on the silicone mat.
Lightly press down on the dough after which brush the tops with water. Sprinkle on the sesame seeds evenly between the 4 dough balls and place within the oven to bake.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or till a lightweight brown/ golden shade. Allow to chill a couple of minutes earlier than slicing in half or the facilities will likely be too sizzling.
Storing Burger Buns
Our hamburger bun recipe shops properly within the fridge for 7-10 days. We don’t suggest storing the low carb buns on the counter as they do have a variety of cheese and dairy that means they’ll mildew if neglected. See notes beneath on the best way to freeze.
Can I Freeze Hamburger Buns?
You will likely be comfortable to know these keto buns will be frozen! We usually prefer to make an enormous batch after which freeze a number of for later use. To freeze the buns merely place them into an hermetic container and retailer them within the freezer for as much as 2 months.
In order to defrost your keto buns place them within the fridge or on the counter for a number of hours. Once defrosted you may re crisp them within the oven at 350 for a couple of minutes as they could lose a few of their sturdiness with further moisture.
Tips for the Best Keto Low Carb Bun
If you’re able to make the most effective keto pleasant hamburger bun ever, you’ll need to have a look at these useful ideas:
- Don’t Overfill the Baking Sheet– This shouldn’t be a problem because the recipe makes four buns (with simply 2 internet carbs per bun!) in every batch. However, if you happen to do double the recipe make sure that to area out the buns evenly. When you sprinkle with sesame seeds you need even high protection, in addition to no growth that makes the buns hit each other.
- Don’t Skip the Sesame– Sesame seeds actually are what set these buns aside and make them really feel like an genuine hamburger bun over a roll. If you don’t have sesame seeds you may skip them, however we wouldn’t suggest it!
- Warm Before Serving– This recipe makes use of egg whites to make a fluffy dough and cheese to make them bread- y with out psyllium husk. That being stated the egg whites gained’t hold them as pliable when cooled so we suggest heating them up for a number of seconds earlier than serving.
- Make Low Carb Dough not Scrambled Eggs!– When heating and melting cheese with eggs chances are you’ll discover if the cheese is just too sizzling it is going to cook dinner the eggs. To keep away from scrambled eggs make this recipe by solely heating the cheese barely till melted. If you might want to reheat the cheese as a result of it hardens, work in 10 second intervals to not cook dinner the eggs an excessive amount of with it.
Not make keto hamburger buns, and make them the most effective buns you’ve ever eaten. You have the recipe data and are able to take it on!
Carb Recipes Gone Keto
Let’s be trustworthy there’s nothing higher than freshly baked bread, it actually may very well be it’s personal meals group. However, pretty much as good as it’s, it’s undoubtedly not keto pleasant! So when the carb cravings hit, stick with your weapons and check out these scrumptious keto bread recipes:
- Keto Banana Bread– Who doesn’t love dense and candy banana bread? We used a secret ingredient to offer it the very best banana taste with out the carbs.
- Keto Tortillas– A recipe made in just below 10 minutes, these tortillas are tender, fluffy, and pliable. They are the proper low carb possibility for whenever you’re craving tacos or burritos.
- Low Carb Naan– Another basic bread staple in Indian meals. It’s pillowy and ideal for scooping up meat and sauces.
Now the following time you’re craving bread and need to cheat in your eating regimen make these keto recipes so you may indulge with out the crash. And when unsure, make our keto hamburger buns recipe and simply eat them with butter!
More Keto Recipes for a Grill Out
Have a grill out arising this summer season? Our keto hamburger buns make the proper supply service for all of your grilled up meats. Try a few of the finest low carb keto grill out recipes from our web site like:
- Low Carb BBQ Sauce– Everyone is aware of BBQ Sauce is the most effective sauce possibility for grill outs. It works on brisket, smoked pork, turkey, and even on cowboy bacon burgers.
- Keto Mac and Cheese– Mac and Cheese is one other grill out staple. This keto mac and cheese is filled with bacon, selfmade cheese sauce, and cauliflower, then topped with crispy pork rinds. It tastes similar to the actual deal and is certain to fulfill and carb cravings you might have.
- Easy Pulled Pork– You will certainly want a meat recipe to go along with the BBQ sauce listed above. Try out this simple keto pulled pork recipe for whenever you’re craving midwestern cook dinner out vibes. It’s even higher inside our low carb hamburger buns.
There are tons extra scrumptious low carb keto recipes on our weblog so that you can try. Get inventive and take a look at recipes from throughout our web site having fun with the range in flavors and textures.
Keto Hamburger Buns
These low carb keto hamburger buns are the most effective burger bun possibility on the market. They are fluffy and bread like whereas nonetheless staying moist and tender. We promise if you happen to make this keto buns recipe you’ll be in for a deal with! Just as a result of they’re low carb hamburger buns doesn’t imply they’ll’t be loved with different sorts of burgers too. Try buffalo rooster burgers or salmon patties with our keto buns and put together to be impressed.
Keto Hamburger Buns
The finest keto fluffy and bread-y hamburger buns on the market! A pleasant sesame taste that really holds as much as all of your keto fillings.
Total Time 25 minutes
Calories per serving 353kcal
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Preheat the oven to 375 levels F.
In a big, microwave secure bowl add the cream cheese and mozzarella cheese. Microwave for 45 seconds after which stir. Microwave for an additional 30-45 seconds till clean.
Next add in egg and egg white and blend with a fork till properly mixed.
After that mix the almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder into the dough. Then line a baking sheet with parchment or a slipmat.
Use an ice cream scoop to divide the batter into four buns, the roll then into balls together with your arms. Place them on the silicone mat and press down gently. Brush the dough with water and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or till gentle golden brown.
Keto Hamburger Buns
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 9g45%
Trans Fat 1g
Vitamin A 486IU10%
* Percent Daily Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie eating regimen.