Note: Hi, pals! Just a a fast reminder – a number of the hyperlinks on this web site are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I’ll earn a bit money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t value you something additional, and is a pleasant approach to assist assist this web site! I additionally wish to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t truly tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
Even although this February is without doubt one of the warmest on document right here in MA, it’s nonetheless chilly sufficient to warrant making a brand new batch of soup each week (not less than!). The one I’ve been making continuous this month is a peanut butter soup that depends on Thai purple curry paste for the remainder of the flavour. This low carb vegan peanut butter purple curry soup is very easy to make (particularly in an instant pot!), filling and scrumptious, so I hope that you just take pleasure in it as a lot as I do!
One of the issues that stops me from making loads of recipes both in cookbooks or on-line is seeing an inventory of 20 elements, half of which I don’t personal and for which I’ll possible by no means discover one other use. So, like with a lot of the recipes right here, I’ve tried to make use of as few elements as attainable to nonetheless create one thing tasty, so we each don’t should go bankrupt to make dinner! In line with that, this recipe solely wants the next:
- peanut butter
- Thai purple curry paste
- vegetable broth
- sprouted tofu
- cauliflower and/or broccoli
If you don’t like these greens, you could possibly actually use no matter you need. You additionally don’t have so as to add the mushrooms, should you don’t like them. While not obligatory, I do like so as to add some garnish, however that may actually be no matter you are feeling will go nicely with this. There’s no rule about what so as to add, it’s simply based mostly by yourself preferences. Some garnishes I like so as to add (although not suddenly) are:
- lime zest and/or juice
- chopped peanuts
- purple pepper flakes
You’ll see within the photos that I’ve added scallions and peanuts to the highest of those, in addition to lime juice (although that’s probably not seen). This is usually what I add to dishes made with purple curry paste, as I all the time have this stuff readily available.
Notes on Making Low Carb Vegan Peanut Red Curry Soup
- The curry paste I take advantage of is the one from Thai Kitchen. And sure, I did purchase it within the large measurement, as a result of I truly use it fairly typically. This one is vegan, however there are positively some on the market that aren’t, so checking labels is a good suggestion!
- I take advantage of sprouted tofu for two causes: it’s simpler on my digestive system and decrease in carbs. The one I purchase known as Wildwood, however you can even get one from Trader Joe’s.
- I wish to eat this curry as-is, nevertheless it’s additionally nice over cauli-rice!
- This recipe makes Three servings, however can very simply be doubled. 🙂
- I’ve made this with each recent and frozen greens. Both work nice!
- If you may’t eat soy, hemp tofu is an efficient possibility. You might additionally use no matter meat substitute you need right here.
- If you may’t eat peanut butter, you could possibly use sunflower seed butter, almond butter and even soy nut butter right here. Just make sure you verify the label for added sugar!
- I say “2-3 minutes” right here as a result of although the timing is a bit totally different, that additional minute is a LOT. If you need the greens to be barely “al dente,” go together with 2 minutes. At Three minutes, they’re mush, however the tofu is barely firmer. I’d advocate making an attempt at 2 minutes first, as a result of you may all the time warmth it a bit longer within the IP.
- If you don’t have an instant pot, simply simmer the entire elements collectively in a coated pot for about 20 minutes, till the greens have softened a bit. Be certain to stir it in order that the curry paste and peanut butter totally combine.
- While I try to offer correct vitamin info, totally different manufacturers have totally different nutrient values, so your calculations could differ!
Low Carb Vegan Peanut Butter Red Curry Soup (gluten-free, instant pot recipe)
This warming soup is tremendous straightforward to make in your instant pot, wealthy in protein and scrumptious! It’s additionally gluten-free and simply adaptable to accommodate allergy symptoms.
- 1/four cup (64g) peanut butter
- 1/four cup (60g) Thai purple curry paste
- 2 cups (480ml) vegetable broth
- ~8oz/225g tofu
- 1 cup (100g) cauliflower florets
- 2 cups (200g) broccoli florets
- 1 cup (70g) sliced shiitake mushrooms
- Optional garnish: crushed peanuts, scallions, basil, parsley, lime juice/zest, purple pepper flakes
- Mix the peanut butter, curry paste and broth within the IP and set to “saute.” Heat and stir till every thing is mixed, about 2 minutes.
- Add within the remaining elements, cowl and strain prepare dinner on excessive for 2-Three minutes (see notes).
- De-pressurize utilizing both the “natural” or “hybrid” technique. I often use the hybrid technique – let sit for about 10 minutes, then open the valve and launch the remaining strain.
- Garnish and serve!
Cooking for two minutes leaves the veggies extra intact, whereas at Three minutes they’re fairly comfortable. The tofu is a bit chewier at Three minutes, although.