Plenty of recipes are arduous to recreate in a keto model, however Low Carb Cornbread is by far the toughest! We made numerous makes an attempt earlier than we obtained the proper recipe down. Give it a try to see what your loved ones and pals assume, we’re certain they’ll like it too!
FREE PRINTABLE: Keto Food List
Join 150,000 others to get a FREE keto meals listing and new recipes each week!
Corn bread is one in all our favorites meals. Although I’ll say Boston Market makes it finest, and Matt will at all times says his grandma makes it finest; we will each agree on this being the tastiest low carb, keto pleasant cornbread we’ve made! This vacation season you’ll lastly have the proper straightforward to make, conventional cornbread!
The Difficulties Of Keto Cornbread
I can’t even recall what number of instances we tried this cornbread recipe. There are so many recipes on the market, on pinterest and meals blogs, however truthfully, none actually stay as much as precise cornbread. We have been decided to get as shut as humanely potential to the unique, and we predict we did simply that! It’s a disgrace that so many individuals put out recipes claiming to have created a low carb cornbread when the truth is they’ve simply created a low carb, flavorless bread. Matt hit a stroke of genius when he instructed utilizing child corn. I attempted utilizing it and ended up creating this unbelievable, will need to have Thanksgiving recipe, good for these on a keto eating regimen!
The Perfect Pairings
Cornbread is a hearty dish nice for warming you up through the chilly months of the yr. We love having fun with it on Thanksgiving, but in addition any day of the week as a result of it’s really easy to whip up! If you’re on the lookout for a aspect to go together with tonights dinner, do this keto cornbread recipe. And in the event you aren’t certain what to make for dinner, we’ve obtained you lined on that too! Our low carb cornbread pairs nice with some scorching soups! Try our:
Making The Best Cornbread Recipe
To make the perfect straightforward keto cornbread not solely does the consistency should be on level, however additions are a should. In this recipe we made certain that it got here out barely crumbly and barely candy, all whereas jamming it filled with cheddar cheese and chunks of child corn for a scrumptious savory chew! An complete can of child corn has solely 6 web carbs, which labored out properly for this keto cornbread recipe!
I’m Corn-fused Why Baby Corns?
In order to convey down the carbs low sufficient to make this keto cornbread recipe actually low carb, we needed to get inventive. Matt identified that child corns, an ingredient generally utilized in Asian stir-fry’s is definitely solely 6 web carbs per can. Don’t worry the phrase corn! While a corn, this vegetable could be very completely different from its candy corn counterpart. Thanks to the child corn, this recipe tastes like cornbread you grew up with whereas nonetheless being keto pleasant.
We needed to keep away from candy corn extract as it may be very costly. You are welcome to make use of extract like this Corn Extract so as to add just a little further taste, however it isn’t vital. Personally I feel corn extract is just a little synthetic tasing and like the recipe with out.
Benefits of Baby Corn
Baby corn is low in carbs and helps so as to add that corny taste on this keto cornbread recipe. Thanks to child corns, it tastes like cornbread you remembered rising up. This breed of corn is definitely picked earlier than the maturing stage. This makes it low in starch content material which suggests decrease sugar and carbs. Plus, “100 grams of baby corn has only 26 calories”(1). That is about 40 energy lower than normal candy corn that means you possibly can eat extra keto cornbread with out the guilt!
Baby corn can be simpler to deal with as a result of you possibly can simply take away it from the can and chop, not like candy corn which you must prepare dinner after which take away from the cob. Taking away these further time consuming steps is what helps to make this straightforward keto cornbread fast.
Coconut Flour AND Almond Flour?
Almond flour is one in all our favourite elements to make use of when doing vacation baking and making this keto cornbread recipe for thanksgiving. It has a slight nutty taste and is wealthy in fiber. Plus, it provides quantity and a pleasant bread-y texture to make a dense keto cornbread. However, to take advantage of conventional cornbread we suggest two completely different sorts of flour.
Can I exploit Just Almond Flour?
Often instances we’re requested whether it is okay to sub full almond flour for the coconut flour in keto recipes, utilizing only one flour as an alternative of two. Unfortunately, coconut flour could be very completely different from almond flour. Unlike coconut and almond milk, these two flours should not interchangeable. Almond flour is much less absorbent requiring extra flour to make the identical keto recipe. We examined this recipe many instances and located the perfect end result to have each coconut AND almond flour. The almond flour provides total bulk whereas the coconut flour helps to soak up extra moisture.
If you might be on the lookout for coconut flour we suggest this one. As for almond flour we’ve discovered Costco to have probably the greatest offers for a 1lb bag. If you aren’t a Costco shopper Amazon does nonetheless carry quite a lot of almond flours as properly.
How to Make Keto Cornbread
If sustaining a keto eating regimen through the holidays sounds troublesome, look no additional than this keto recipe that tastes like cornbread your mother used to make. All it takes to make straightforward keto cornbread is a number of easy elements and about 10 minutes of prep time!
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9 inch casserole dish- I additionally love utilizing a big forged iron skillet as a result of it may be cooled after which served in as a good looking rustic middle piece on the desk
- In a medium bowl mix the flours, baking powder and salt. Whisk collectively and put aside. Make certain the baking powder is evenly distributed in order that there is no such thing as a uneven rising.
- In a big bowl mix the eggs, melted butter, bitter cream and liquid stevia. Whisk till totally integrated.
- Add the dry elements to the moist in two batches as you mix – Sour cream actually is a should as a result of it provides an additional zing and supplies moisture so the cornbread doesn’t get dry whereas baking.
- Next fold within the cheddar cheese and chopped up child corn- I like large chunks of each elements as a result of it makes gooey pockets of goodness on this keto cornbread.
- After properly mixed switch to a casserole dish or massive spherical forged iron skillet and bake for 37-40 minutes- The finest technique to know if it’s accomplished is through the use of a toothpick and checking it comes out clear.
- Allow to chill for 15 minutes and slice into 12 items.
- If you need to make keto cornbread further scrumptious, warmth 1 tbsp of bacon grease in a forged iron pan. Place this pan into the oven for Three minutes after it has preheated. Once scorching take away skillet from the oven and pour the combined batter in. The scorching bacon grease will add a savory salty taste, whereas creating a pleasant golden brown crust on the underside similar to the true factor.
- We use liquid stevia to make a barely candy cornbread. If you need it sweeter be happy so as to add greater than 25 drops, and for no sweetness simply omit the stevia.
Prefer Cornbread a Bit Drier?
Some individuals do like drier cornbread to allow them to pack it with butter, that’s completely okay too! I like to recommend chopping the corn a bit smaller and rubbing them between a pair paper towels to take in any extra water.
Once you get the cornbread able to bake you possibly can put it in any dimension baking dish you will have available. However, in case you are within the Serving Dish we used, yow will discover it on Amazon. It seems very elegant and the crimson shade will pop within the middle of your dinner desk. Another nice choice is a forged iron skillet or pan. Depending on the forged iron skillet you employ, you may make one large keto cornbread recipe or a number of mini forged iron skillet sides.
If you like a cornbread muffin, you should utilize a non stick silicone cupcake mildew. It will make completely golden pre portioned keto cornbread muffins.
Whether or not you might be celebrating the vacations this yr, cornbread is a will need to have in all of our diets. So, make this low carb/ keto cornbread in the present day and check out to not eat the entire thing in a single sitting!
Storing Keto Cornbread
Looking to make an enormous batch of keto cornbread this vacation season? Maybe you simply need to prep some prematurely for dinner this week. However you need to do it, we’ve obtained storage directions lined.
The Best Method
We’ve discovered that one of the best ways to retailer this keto cornbread is to put it in an hermetic Tupperware container and depart it within the fridge. It will final in your fridge for about 1 week. When going to re-serve strive heating this low carb cornbread within the oven with a pat of butter for essentially the most genuine taste.
It is just not advisable to freeze any kind of do-it-yourself bread product as a consequence of enlargement of ice particles which may trigger the product to show dry. If you do need to freeze this low carb cornbread we suggest placing it in a totally hermetic ziplock freezer bag. It will final frozen for as much as Three weeks earlier than dropping it’s good texture.
What can I do With Leftover Cornbread?
Maybe you bought just a little too excited this vacation season and made three batches of cornbread… If you will have too many leftovers to only eat plain cornbread have been right here to assist. Here are a number of concepts to boost your leftover cornbread:
- Make do-it-yourself chorizo patties topped with cheddar cheese all sandwiched between, or on prime of some cornbread- This makes the proper keto breakfast sandwich by pairing smokey chorizo, sharp cheddar, and barely candy and savory cornbread for the proper chew!
- Corn-bread pudding- Mix an egg with just a little stevia, vanilla, and cream. Dip your piece of cornbread in like french toast after which prepare dinner it over medium warmth with butter for Three-Four minutes per aspect. Top with keto vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of sugar free maple syrup. Or strive a drizzle of our do-it-yourself Pecan Cinnamon Sauce that we utilized in our Sweet Potato Casserole. Trust me it’s scrumptious!
Making the Perfect Keto Thanksgiving
This is by far finest keto cornbread, however everybody is aware of the true factor is at all times even higher when served alongside different superb dishes. We have tons of thanksgiving and vacation recipes to make this season just a little extra particular. Some of our favourite low carb/ keto recipes:
- Low Carb Sweet Potato Casserole– Creamy candy “potatoes” with a cinnamon pecan sauce!
- Green Bean Casserole– Just just like the basic with a more energizing peppery style good for a excessive fats keto eating regimen
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins– Looking in your creamy keto dessert this Thanksgiving? Try this gluten free pumpkin cheesecake recipe that’s full of pumpkin taste and tremendous straightforward to make
- Easy Low Carb/ Keto Cauliflower Sausage stuffing – A very GLUTEN FREE stuffing with none costly keto bread. Finally a stuffing that isn’t bland, dry, or excessive in refined gluten free carbs like rice or potato flour. Plus through the use of entire elements as an alternative of retailer bough keto bread you’ll really feel higher than ever this vacation season.
Make this yr much more particular and wholesome for your loved ones and pals.
Recipe will be rapidly added to MyFitnessPal – Search “KetoConnect – Low Carb Cornbread”
Low Carb Cornbread | Baby Corn and Cheddar!
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 12 items
Calories per serving 254kcal
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9 inch casserole dish.
In a medium bowl mix the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk collectively and put aside.
In a big bowl mix the eggs, melted butter, bitter cream and liquid stevia. Whisk till full integrated. Add the dry elements to the moist in two batches as you mix.
Fold within the cheddar cheese and chopped up child corn. Transfer to a casserole dish and bake for 37-40 minutes.
Allow to chill for 15 minutes and slice into 12 items.
Low Carb Cornbread | Baby Corn and Cheddar!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie eating regimen.