This simple keto strawberry smoothie is easy to make and tastes scrumptious with each contemporary or frozen strawberries. It has a creamy avocado base and a wealthy strawberry taste that makes for a scrumptious and fast meal possibility.
Protein Shake or Keto Shake?
A typical false impression is that keto is excessive protein and excessive fats. Keto is low carb and average protein, so we needed to verify we made a smoothie recipe which match these macros. Instead of utilizing a ton of excessive protein substances, we selected to make use of excessive fats ones like avocado. Avocado is wealthy in soluble fiber making it a good way to get each macronutrients and micronutrients(1). Soluble fiber has additionally been identified to assist with digestion and blood sugar regulation to cut back the chance of diabetes (2).
If you need to have extra protein in your keto strawberry smoothie to make it filling as a meal alternative, that’s useful too. Check out our checklist under to search out some prime quality protein choices which are simple keto additions to this strawberry smoothie recipe.
FREE PRINTABLE: Keto Food List
Join 150,000 others to get a FREE keto meals checklist and new recipes each week!
Protein may help to make a extra satiating shake and is unquestionably advisable for smoothies which are getting used as a meal alternative. Some simple keto protein additions are:
- Protein Powder– Protein powder is the right simple keto solution to make a smoothie with almond milk extra filling and satiating. There is quite a lot of protein powder flavors that vary from vanilla ice cream to cinnamon toast crunch! Just ensure that whichever protein powder you select is low carb and keto pleasant.
- Greek Yogurt– Greek yogurt is strained yogurt selection leaving primarily simply protein behind. That makes it an ideal low carb addition to this smoothie recipe, as a result of it bumps up the protein and creaminess issue. Check that the yogurt you select is low in sugar and carbs. Most dairy free keto yogurts shall be made with unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk and never have that a lot protein. Therefore, protein powder shall be the best choice on a dairy free keto food plan.
- Powdered Almond Butter– A vegetarian pleasant protein supply for this keto strawberry smoothie recipe could be powdered almond butter. It’s creamy and nutty with 5 grams of protein for 2 tablespoons (four web carbs).
Fresh or Frozen Berries
Making a strawberry smoothie keto wasn’t too troublesome as a result of fortunately most berries are already low carb. However, a standard query we get about our smoothie recipes is whether or not or not the berries must be frozen. You’ll be completely satisfied to know that this keto strawberry smoothie does NOT require frozen berries! With any keto smoothie frozen berries are perfect, however not 100% needed. The web carbs gained’t change solely the feel will. Frozen berries are likely to make a extra sorbet ice cream like texture, whereas the contemporary berries will make a thinner smoothie. The smoothie texture is basically as much as desire, however no must stress about having a strawberry pint frozen up to have the ability to make this recipe.
Can I Use Mixed Berries?
The beauty of keto recipes particularly smoothies, is that the majority substances are fairly interchangeable. We wouldn’t suggest skipping the avocado for that creaminess, however altering a strawberry base to combined berry one is a straightforward swap!
Keto Milk Options
Searching for the very best keto milk choice to put in your strawberry smoothie? We have fairly a number of wholesome keto choices you possibly can strive in our keto milk alternate options weblog publish. In fast abstract although, a number of the finest low carb milk alternate options are:
- Unsweetened Almond Milk- Insure that the almond milk you purchase is sugar free so as to be keto pleasant. Almond milk is often very simple to search out in lots of grocery shops in each the fridge isle and common isles.
- Unsweetened Cashew Milk- Sometimes cashew milk could be tricker to search out, however is usually within the refrigerated part. It’s dairy free and low in each carbs and energy so you possibly can take pleasure in it in lots of keto recipes.
- Half and Half- This possibility does have dairy and might add up in carbs when consumed in excessive quantities. It’s known as half and half as a result of there may be half fats/ cream half milk (aka lactose sugar). A couple of tablespoons shouldn’t be greater than a pair grams of carbs, however it’s one thing to be aware of.
- Unsweetened Coconut Milk- Coconut Milk can be dairy free and is available in quite a lot of types. You can discover it refrigerated, canned, and boxed on the common cabinets.
- Heavy Whipping Cream- Heavy cream is a keto staple. It’s excessive fats and low carb excellent for a great keto food plan.
Any of those low carb milk choices will work in keto smoothie recipes or baked items. The greater the fats depend (ex. heavy cream) the creamier your drink shall be.
A Dairy Free Keto Strawberry Smoothie
Love dairy nevertheless it doesn’t love you again? Don’t fear, as a result of this keto strawberry smoothie is tremendous simple to vary and regulate based mostly in your food plan preferences. We’ve used almond milk in addition to heavy cream within the base and located each to work nicely on this recipe. This is because of the avocado used which may make even the plainest unsweetened almond milk easy and creamy.
Other than the milk alternative this low carb keto strawberry smoothie is totally dairy free! If you probably did need further sources of dairy free protein and fats you possibly can add:
- A High Quality Protein Powder– We often use zero carb animal based mostly protein powders, however you need to use a low carb vegan possibility.
- Coconut Oil– Adding a tablespoon or two of coconut oil is a good way to bump up the fats on this recipe in case your are selecting to make use of almond milk as a substitute of excessive fats heavy cream
- Coconut Cream– Canned coconut cream is one other scrumptious excessive fats addition to this keto strawberry smoothie if almond milk is a bit of too skinny for you.
Everyone loves simple keto recipes and smoothies definitely match the invoice. We by no means need anybody to really feel like they will’t take pleasure in a keto recipe simply because they’re dairy free. Enjoy this scrumptious keto strawberry smoothie recipe with our checklist of dairy free additions and substitutions.
High Fat Variations
If you’re seeking to up the fats on this keto strawberry smoothie, be at liberty to strive a few of our favourite low carb smoothie additions:
- Cream Cheese– Cream cheese makes a scrumptious excessive fats possibility for all of your sugar free keto smoothie recipes. It’s gluten free, has nice diet info for keto, and tastes like strawberry cheesecake if you put the substances in a blender.
- Coconut Cream/ Unsweetened Coconut Milk– Coconut cream or coconut milk works nice as a excessive fats addition to this keto strawberry smoothie. They gained’t cowl the strawberry taste, however will add a bit of little bit of coconut taste for a extra tropical keto pleasant drink.
- Heavy Whipping Cream– Heavy cream makes scrumptious keto strawberry smoothies that style virtually like ice cream milkshakes. Unlike unsweetened coconut milk, cream is thick and opulent. It makes an excellent easy and wealthy drink to take pleasure in as a keto breakfast, or strive including a little bit of whipped cream on high for a sugar free ice cream shake dessert.
- Nut Butters- While this keto strawberry smoothie does have almond butter, the quantity per serving isn’t large and will positively be bumped up. Add a hefty serving dimension of nut butter to your strawberry smoothies if you make this recipe as a meal alternative. It will add each fats and protein that can assist you keep full.
These are only a few excessive fats variations, however there are tons extra choices you possibly can strive. Smoothies are simple to make and tremendous customizable which means you possibly can add no matter new substances and flavors you’re feeling that day.
How to Make a Keto Strawberry Smoothie
The solely piece of kit you’ll need for this keto smoothie recipe is a excessive energy blender. The two hottest blenders are the Vitamix and Ninja Blender. Personally, we’ve got the Vitamix and adore it for keto smoothie recipes as a result of it does an excellent job breaking up all of the ice cubes.
To make a strawberry smoothie keto you’ll need a sugar free sweetener (we used erythritol), low carb almond milk, avocado, almond butter, ice cubes, and frozen strawberries. That’s it! This keto strawberry smoothie is tremendous fast and simple to make so you possibly can seize it and exit the door in underneath 10 minutes.
Making a Low Carb Strawberry Smoothie
To make this recipe merely mix all of the substances collectively in your blender till easy. Pour right into a cup and high with any most well-liked additions. We love including toppings like: whipped cream, contemporary mint, chia seeds, or contemporary strawberries. You also can mix in further chia seeds for added fiber and crunch.
More Keto Smoothie & Shake Recipes
If you tried this recipe and are coming again once more, try one among our different scrumptious smoothie recipes to toss into your rotation:
- Keto Blueberry Cheesecake Smoothie– This smoothie recipe solely takes about 5 minutes complete time to make. It’s wealthy, creamy, and tastes similar to a candy blueberry cheesecake.
- The 5 Best Keto Shakes– If a strawberry shake isn’t your vibe strive one among our different 5 finest low carb smoothie shakes. We have the whole lot from refreshing lemon blueberry, to decadent and creamy tiramisu.
- Nutritious vs. Delicious Keto Smoothies– Whether you’re all about having the very best tasting smoothie, or probably the most nutritious keto smoothie; we’ve acquired you coated. Our greens shake is bound to cowl all of your micronutrients on a keto food plan. And our scrumptious shake however is bound to cowl all these cravings!
Keto Strawberry Smoothie
With such low web carbs per serving you haven’t any excuse to not whip up this easy but scrumptious smoothie recipe. It works amazingly with each frozen strawberries and contemporary berries, as a result of the added avocado will make this low carb recipe easy both means. We’re positive this keto strawberry smoothie will turn into a staple in your low carb food plan as a consequence of its simplicity and velocity.
Keto Strawberry Smoothie
Make this simple keto strawberry smoothie with simply 5 substances. Your keto meals not must be heavy and dense with this gentle and contemporary smoothie recipe.
Total Time three minutes
Calories per serving 507kcal
Prep Time: three minutes
Cook Time: zero minutes
Add the avocado, almond butter, frozen strawberries, heavy cream, sweetener and ice cubes to a blender.
Blend on excessive velocity for 20-40 seconds or till the substances are evenly combined. Serve and revel in.
To use stevia rather than erythritol as a sweetener add 10-15 drops of liquid stevia.
Keto Strawberry Smoothie
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 396
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 10g50%
Vitamin A 605IU12%
Vitamin C 95mg115%
* Percent Daily Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie food plan.