Sweet, fluffy, and light-weight excessive protein pancakes make the right low carb breakfast for a sluggish Sunday morning.
Is Protein Powder Keto?
Not all protein powders are created equal, nonetheless there are tons of protein powders available on the market now which have nice keto macros. There are a number of substances to keep away from in any protein powder although, so be diligent to choose a top quality one which provides you with a nutrient dense meal. How to choose a protein powder:
- Start with an animal based mostly protein powder– Protein pancakes work finest with a whey protein over a casein protein, and far significantly better than a plant protein. Plant based mostly proteins are inclined to crumble and make for a dry laborious pancake.
- Avoid low high quality sweeteners– Most protein powders available on the market will both have a ton of sugar, or synthetic sweeteners. If attainable keep away from sweeteners like sucralose, aspartame, and acesulfame potassium. Instead, attempt some with stevia, erythritol, or monk fruit.
- Check the macros– This one sounds self explanatory, however you’d be stunned simply what number of instances we’ve assumed as a result of one thing says keto, it’s keto. This isn’t all the time the case with protein powders that can sneak in low-cost fibers, maltitol, hidden carbs, ect. Your finest guess is to learn the diet labels and verify the macros on every part.
Obviously it may be very tough to search out a top quality protein powder that meets these requirements, so simply attempt to discover one thing that covers a number of of those details; an important being carb depend.
FREE PRINTABLE: Keto Food List
Join 150,000 others to get a FREE keto meals record and new recipes each week!
Our Favorite Proteins
It may be very tough to search out proteins that verify all our containers, so simply do the very best you may with what’s obtainable! You may even attempt totally different proteins like chocolate protein, vanilla protein powder, or cinnamon protein powder for additional taste.
- Isopure Vanilla Whey Protein Powder– Isopure has been round for some time and is certainlly well-liked in the keto group. It makes for a scrumptious pancake recipe and is tremendous reasonably priced.
- Quest Protein Powder– Quest is a brilliant well-liked firm and for good motive. They have the very best tasting merchandise by far when in comparison with every other model. We suggest their cinnamon crunch or vanilla protein for this recipe, they have a tendency to make the very best protein pancakes.
- Collagen + Whey Protein– This protein powder is filled with each collagen and whey for an awesome excessive protein mix. It works nice for shakes and pancake recipes as a result of there’s a mix of top quality sweeteners like allulose and stevia.
- PEScience Select– An incredible protein powder for a number of recipes together with mug truffles. This protein makes mild and fluffy protein pancakes, in addition to having 24 grams of protein a scoop.
These are just some of our favorites, however be at liberty to do some digging in order to search out your excellent keto protein powder.
Perfect Protein Pancake Additions
You can’t simply eat plain protein pancakes! Even although this can be the right protein pancake recipe everybody is aware of pancakes want a aspect kick!
We compiled all our favourite sugar free keto pleasant pancake toppings so we might create the very best record on the market!
The sort of protein received’t matter for this record, however your favourite mix-ins will! Here are our favourite keto pleasant protein pancake mix-ins:
- Blueberries– Blueberries are a traditional diner pancake mix-in and are certain to make any pancake lover glad. They change into heat, jammy, and candy pairing; completely with the vanilla flavoring.
- Chocolate Chips– Just as a result of you’re making mild fluffy keto protein pancakes doesn’t imply you may’t even have sugar free chocolate chips. Lily’s makes nice sugar free keto pleasant chocolate chips that received’t spike your blood sugar.
- Citrus Zest– Try zesting your favourite citrus fruits for a lightweight and poppy breakfast stack. We love including lemon zest and poppy seeds to protein pancakes, or cinnamon and orange zest for a fall pancake theme.
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes– Sprinkle brown sugar swerve and cinnamon on prime of your keto protein pancakes after which prime the completed protein pancakes with cream cheese
- Peanut Butter– Try including peanut butter or peanut butter powder to those protein pancakes for the last word peanut butter lovers pancake.
- Whey Protein Powder– This isn’t actually a mix-in a lot as an ingredient, however switching up the flavour of your whey protein powder can actually make for a extra attention-grabbing meal. Try to make protein pancakes with chocolate protein or cookies and cream, you’d be suprised simply how a lot taste it provides.
Spices & Flavorings
Spices and flavorings are positively underrated with regards to making pancakes. Banana protein pancakes? Try banana extract. Keto pleasant maple syrup pancakes? Maple extract. Some of our favourite spices and flavors are:
- Cinnamon– Super versatile as a result of it really works nice in carrot cake pancakes, cinnamon pancakes, and cinnamon roll truffles.
- Nutmeg– Another traditional fall spice that basically spices up breakfast
- Vanilla extract– While you might already be utilizing vanilla protein powder, vanilla extract can be an awesome addition to carry out the flavour in pancakes.
- Zests– Like we mentioned above any sort of citrus zest is ideal to brighten up the protein powder’s taste.
Get inventive and check out a ton of various extracts. They are low carb and low sugar that means you may get a ton of taste in a single serving. They enable your to make issues like banana protein pancakes with none precise bananas, aka keto pleasant.
Toppings are actually particular person, however there are a number of classics we will certainly embrace. I’ll attempt to not do any repeats so be sure you verify the mix-ins part too.
- Berries– Topping protein powder pancakes with a number of berries is a superb low sugar strategy to carry sweetness and taste.
- Nut Butters– Any nut butter you want works excellent. We love peanut butter, almond butter, blended nut butters, or sunflower butter for these with allergic reactions.
- Chocolate Shavings– There are fairly a number of keto chocolate bars on the market now, however you can too simply use 100% Bakers chocolate for a richer darker taste.
- Whipped Cream– Obviously a traditional, whipped cream may be retailer purchased or home made. We all the time suggest home made, however when you don’t have time attempt to discover a decrease sugar choice from the shop.
- Keto Chocolate Spread– Are you a nutella lover? Try the chocolate unfold from Lakanto made with actual chocolate and monkfruit.
- Greek Yogurt– Low sugar greek yogurt could make an awesome choice to prime protein powder pancakes when you discover they’re on the drier aspect. Greek yogurt additionally comes in many flavors so you may even boost the pancakes taste profile together with it.
Get loopy together with your toppings as a result of everybody is aware of pancakes are only a boat for extras. If vanilla whey is just a bit too, effectively vanilla whey, it doesn’t harm to spice it up!
All About Maple Syrup
If you thought we forgot about maple syrup among the many different toppings to those mild fluffy protein powder pancakes assume once more! There are tons of maple syrup choices our there, however just like the protein there are totally different syrup qualities.
Try to search out maple syrups that use keto sweeteners like erythritol, stevia, allulose, or monk fruit. Ones which are sweetened with sucralose, or worse Maltitol can are inclined to upset stomachs. Our favorites are:
- Livlo Syrup– Sweetened with allulose and just some substances
- Lakanto Syrup– This is without doubt one of the unique keto syrups and is all the time an awesome low sugar choice.
- ChocZero– Another maple syrup model that’s been round for some time. They have numerous flavors so you may diversify your palate and pair them with recent fruit.
- Birch Benders– Made with monk fruit this syrup is gluten free and sugar free.
If you aren’t a syrup particular person you may all the time simply get pleasure from butter or sugar free jam. The better part about this recipe is simply how versatile it’s.
How to Make Protein Pancakes
Now that simply what number of grams of protein and superior mix-ins you may add it’s time to get cooking.
To make protein pancakes you will want protein powder, eggs (not egg whites), unsweetened almond milk, salt, and baking powder.
We don’t suggest utilizing solely egg whites as they will make for a dry pancake. If you wish to use egg whites you might want so as to add additional fats reminiscent of butter or coconut oil.
Make certain your almond milk is unsweetened so that you aren’t consuming extra sugar and carbs.
Making Protein Pancakes
To make this pancake recipe whisk collectively the egg and milk in a bowl.
Next add your protein powder of selection, baking powder, and salt. You wish to whisk effectively to ensure there aren’t any remaining lumps. Blenders additionally work, however attempt to not over combine the batter. Nows the time to additionally add in any desired mix-ins.
Spray your skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium warmth. Using a 1/Four measuring cup pour your batter into the skillet. Cook for 30-45 seconds, or till the batter begins to bubble.
Flip and cook dinner the pancakes on the opposite aspect for 20 seconds. Transfer to a plate as soon as cooked, our pancakes made Four-5 on common. Top as desired with syrup, butter, chocolate, fruit, ect..
Storing this Protein Pancake Recipe
We ALWAYS suggest making a double batch of every part. 90% of the time you’ll love a recipe and need you had extra so simply do your self a favor and plan forward!
This recipe is fast to make and shops effectively so you may even meal prep for the week. Just be sure to meal prep the toppings too!
If you wish to retailer this recipe in the fridge be certain that all of the pancakes have throughly cooled. Then place leftovers into an hermetic container and refrigerate for as much as 5 days. After 5 days they will begin to get dry which nobody desires!
To freeze the pancakes made earlier once more start by permitting them to completely cool. Next place your pancakes in a zipper prime bag with a sheet of parchment paper in between every layer. Freeze on a flat floor (like a cookie sheet) till totally frozen.
Steps to Reheat
If reheating from the fridge merely pop the pancakes onto a plate and microwave for 30-45 seconds.
For frozen instructions you may both defrost the pancakes in the fridge after which microwave them, or reheat straight from the freezer. To do that place your pancakes on a plate with area in between and microwave in 30 second intervals, flipping them after 30 seconds till warmed all through.
What to Serve With Protein Pancakes
Need some tasty aspect dish concepts on your Sunday brunch? Try our:
- Crispy Air Fryer Bacon– This bacon is crispy and salty, the very best half? It takes simply 10 minutes to make!
- Keto Egg Bites– Starbucks who? Our egg bites are easy, nutritious, and tremendous customizable.
- Keto Breakfast Coffee– You’ll want one thing to drink together with your pancakes so why not a wholesome dose of fats to pair with this excessive protein meal!
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes
Pancakes are nice, however you shouldn’t stay on simply them alone! Here are a few of our different favourite breakfast recipes:
- Low Carb Banana Bread– Who says banana bread isn’t a breakfast meals? It’s scrumptious, wholesome, and tremendous simple to tackle the go. Plus, this recipe is filled with tons of taste however no sugar!
- Easy Keto Breakfast Sandwiches– Another simple on the go breakfast is bacon, egg, and cheese sammies. They are excessive protein, excessive fats, and tremendous scrumptious.
- Sugar Free Pumpkin Pancakes– Incase you didn’t get sufficient pancakes attempt our keto pumpkin pancake recipe. They are nice alone or with syrup and whipped cream.
There’s nothing higher than scrumptious fluffy pancakes to start out off your morning. Enjoy this straightforward protein pancakes recipe any day of the week as a fast and nutritious low carb meal.
Don’t overlook to get inventive with the mix-ins and toppings. You can attempt to make banana protein pancakes with extracts or prime them with greek yogurt and peanut butter, the chances are limitless!
Sweet, fluffy, and light-weight excessive protein pancakes make the right low carb breakfast for a sluggish Sunday morning.
Total Time 10 minutes
Calories per serving 193kcal
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
In a bowl, whisk collectively the egg and a pair of tbsp of almond milk.
Add the protein powder, baking powder, and salt.
Whisk effectively till no lumps stay. You can use a blender if the lumps are persistent. Add the third tbsp of almond milk to regulate the consistency if vital.
Spray a non-stick pan with oil, and place over medium warmth.
Use a cookie scoop (or ¼ measuring cup) to pour out the batter into the skillet. Cook for 30-45 seconds or till bubbles begin to seem on the highest.
Flip the pancakes, and let cook dinner for an additional 20 seconds. Transfer to a plate.
Arrange the pancakes on prime of one another, and serve together with your toppings of selection such as- butter, sugar free syrup, chocolate chips, and many others..
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2g10%
Trans Fat 1g
Vitamin A 270IU5%
* Percent Daily Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie eating regimen.