Chicken tenders aren’t only for youngsters. Enjoy our scrumptious keto hen tenders in all their juicy meat and crispy breaded glory.
Are Chicken Tenders Keto?
Traditional hen tenders or hen strips are NOT keto. Low carb keto recipes are ideally beneath 10 internet carbs a serving. Most hen strips you get at eating places have 10 carbs a young.
While it does depend upon how a lot breading they use, most corporations are utilizing a thick batter earlier than frying to get it further crisp.
Chicken Tenders are additionally made with wheat flour or white flour that accommodates gluten thus making the tenders not keto pleasant.
Can I Eat Gluten Free Chicken Tenders on Keto?
While common flour for certain makes hen strips unavailable on keto, so does some gluten free flour variations.
If it’s a gluten free flour based mostly on starches like rice, tapioca, cassava, or corn it’s not keto permitted. These low cost bulking flours are carb heavy and infrequently have the identical quantity of carbs as common flour, simply with none added fiber.
Our keto hen tenders nevertheless are one other story. We use prime quality elements like almond flour because the breading to maintain the web carbs down and the fiber excessive.
This method you’ll be able to eat plenty of hen tenders 100% guilt free, understanding all of the protein and fats will assist preserve you full for hours.
Are Tysons Chicken Tenders Keto?
Again this one varies based mostly on the tenders you purchase. Costco for instance sells two variations, one breaded and one simply grilled.
The breaded hen tenders recipe wouldn’t be keto, however the grilled keto hen strips could be low carb permitted.
Their grilled hen recipes often have between 1-four grams of carbs as a result of they use a little bit of fillers and lots of flavorful spices.
Baked vs. Fried Keto Chicken Tenders
A query that we get lots about keto hen strips is whether or not they need to be baked or fried? Like most low carb recipes it’s actually as much as the chef how they wish to put together the ultimate product.
Fried Chicken Tenders
It is necessary to know completely different cooking strategies is not going to yield the identical outcomes. Frying in lots of oil tends to make a crispier batter, however it additionally means you’ll be creating extra energy you could possibly have prevented by baking.
The different draw back to frying is that it’s fairly messy, however once more the payoff is tremendous scrumptious and extremely palatable hen tenders that style like the true factor.
Baked Keto Chicken Tenders
Like we mentioned above frying will be messy and calorie dense which is why we usually bake our hen tenders. The recipe itself is made with baking instructions not frying instructions as a result of we discover it simpler.
The texture is completely different when baked although as a result of air can not absolutely movement across the low carb hen tenders to present a fair bake. This is why it’s tremendous necessary to go away loads of area between every tender on a cookie sheet to forestall overcrowding.
While the oven baked tenders won’t be as crispy as fried hen, they’re nonetheless tremendous scrumptious!
Can I Cook Chicken Tenders within the Air Fryer?
This is one other query we all know we’re going to get requested. In the age of the air fryer everyone seems to be cooking every thing, from frozen pizza to mug desserts and cookies. So why wouldn’t you wish to make hen tenders keto within the air fryer?
We assume the air fryer is a good choice for people who don’t wish to activate the oven, but in addition don’t wish to take care of sizzling oil.
The texture will find yourself at a stage between oven and fryer the place it’s crispy, however much less golden than sizzling oil. Our regular low carb keto hen tenders temperature for cooking is 400 for Eight-12 minutes. Check with a meat thermometer to make sure it has reached 165 levels earlier than eradicating hen from the basket.
Can I exploit Coconut Flour Instead of Almond Flour?
Where are our nut free kiddos!? It will be tremendous irritating when most keto recipes use nut based mostly flours as a substitute of coconut flour. However, whereas it might appear simple to only swap out the almond for coconut flour, it isn’t really helpful.
Coconut flour is low in internet carbs because of all of the fiber, however tends to be lots drier in low carb recipes. This can imply the flour will suck out all of the hen’s moisture, and make it a ache to get pleasure from a single hen tender without having a monster glass of water.
If you’ll be able to’t have nuts, we as a substitute advocate making an attempt crushed pork rinds instead of almond flour. Simply mix up a bag of pork rinds after which use them as your new nut free breading.
Pork rinds are zero internet carbs, excessive fats, and style further good when blended with slightly parmesan cheese.
How to Reheat Keto Chicken Tenders
Did you fill a baking sheet with baked hen tenders and now have too many left for your self? Have no worry, our keto hen strips retailer nice within the fridge for as much as every week and reheat even higher.
To reheat the hen tenders place them again onto a baking sheet and warmth in a 350 diploma oven till crispy, often (four-Eight minutes).
For a fair quicker reheat pop them into the air fryer at 400 levels for three-6 minutes, and voila a straightforward keto hen tender snack.
Freezing Low Carb Chicken Tenders
Once once more these keto hen tenders retailer fantastically in each the fridge, and freezer. To put together the hen tenders for freezing bake the entire recipe, after which permit the hen tenders recipe to totally cool.
Place the cooled keto hen tenders into a zipper high freezer bag and freeze mendacity flat to make sure not one of the tenders stick collectively.
To reheat: Set the oven to 375 and bake for 10-15 minutes, or till the hen tenders have baked and re-crisped.
What to Serve With Keto Chicken Tenders
Chicken tenders are an ideal principal dish stuffed with protein, fats, and fiber; however typically placing collectively a full meal can appear to be a frightening process. Thankfully these hen tenders go together with absolutely anything, the breading serving to them to change into an open canvas for a lot of sides.
Some of our favourite sides are:
- Cauliflower Hash Browns – While that is usually a breakfast facet dish, we love having it with dinner as nicely. These go nice with hen tenders in case you’re in search of a dinner stuffed with finger meals.
- Keto Friendly Caesar Salad – Looking for one thing lighter? Our keto Caesar salad is a good gentle starter with a little bit of veg and lots of fats to assist the excessive protein hen meal forward.
- Keto Bread – Nothing beats a superb slice of home made bread. Recreate that feeling in a extra well being aware method utilizing our keto bread recipe.
- Keto Mac and Cheese – This is definitely our favourite keto facet dish on our weblog. It combines the creaminess of cheese with a crunchy baked topping. The complete household will find it irresistible.
Don’t get hung up on the actual fact these are hen tenders. Who mentioned you’ll be able to’t have elegant sides together with your hen strips? Have some enjoyable and make a flowery facet from our web site with on a regular basis you saved having your principal meal be hen tenders.
Tips to Make the Best Keto Chicken Tenders
Need assist perfecting your keto hen tenders? Don’t fret, we’ve received you with all our greatest hen cooking suggestions and tips.
To make the very best low carb hen strips:
- Always use a moist hand and a dry hand– Not solely will this make the breading course of smoother (aka no breaded fingers), however it’ll additionally permit the low carb coating to stay extra evenly for a nicer bake.
- Add slightly cheese– This isn’t within the recipe itself because it’s not conventional for keto hen tenders, however including slightly parmesan cheese will deliver this recipe up a notch. Parmesan cheese will add slightly further salt and crispiness when it bakes.
- Don’t overbake the hen– There is basically nothing worse than hen breast and tenders which can be overcooked. Since the breast doesn’t have fats it dries comparatively simple and may shortly flip your mouth into the Sahara Desert.
- Don’t bake previous golden brown– While frying requires a deeper golden coloration to kind earlier than the within is cooked, the identical can’t be mentioned about baked hen. Gluten free keto tenders will overcook inside earlier than the skin is absolutely golden so preserve that in thoughts whereas baking.
- Avoid altering flours– While it may be tempting to attempt new keto blends, the tried and true is often almond flour. Even although we dabble in pork rinds on occasion, it’s not really helpful to only sub the almond flour willy- nilly for merchandise like gluten free keto cauliflower flour.
These are our greatest suggestions for creating tasty keto hen tenders, however be happy to experiment with the intention to create the recipe that works finest for you.
How to Make Keto Chicken Tenders
Ready to make some scrumptious keto hen tenders for the entire household? Get out your keto recipe card and let’s get to cooking!
For these keto pleasant hen tenders you have to 5 fundamental elements. For the egg combination you have to eggs and good high quality heavy cream.
As for the dry elements you have to almond flour (pork rinds crushed if nut free), salt, pepper, and no matter spices you get pleasure from. You could make your keto hen tenders as fundamental, or as flavorful as you need. Some concepts for further spices are garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, paprika, and cayenne.
Finally you have to hen tenderloins. They promote these pre packed within the contemporary hen part of your native grocery retailer. If for some motive they’re out, you do have another choice. Slice hen breasts into hen tender sized items and put together the identical method.
Making Keto Chicken Tenders
To make your low carb hen tenders preheat the oven to 350 and blend collectively all of your spices.
Now combine collectively the egg and heavy cream till nicely mixed.
Dip the hen tenderloins (or sliced hen breast) first into the eggs after which into the dry elements. Use one hand to dip into the moist and one into the dry.
Place the straightforward keto breaded hen onto a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining hen.
Once completed, bake your low carb hen strips for 30 minutes; or till they attain 165 levels. Make certain to flip midway. If you need them crispier merely broil for two-three minutes.
The Best Keto Dipping Sauces
This recipe is a should make for the entire household. Not solely is the diet data present stopping, however it can also cook dinner in beneath 30 minutes and be served with no matter dipping sauce you want.
Picking a top quality dipping sauce will be difficult on keto as a result of most sauce corporations are utilizing plenty of sugar and low high quality vegetable oils. That’s why we usually make our personal sauce after which share the recipe right here.
Some of our favourite keto sauces are:
- Low Carb BBQ Sauce– BBQ sauce is a hen tender basic with a touch of sweetness and lots of southern twang.
- Ranch Dressing– My Midwesterners on the market know ranch dressing is the place it’s at! It’s gentle, creamy, and stuffed with contemporary herbs.
- Ketchup– Another household pleasant dip that’s exhausting to search out somebody who isn’t a fan. Sugar free ketchup additionally has a hefty serving dimension earlier than you begin accumulating any actual variety of carbs.
These are simply our high three however there are tons extra keto pleasant sauces on the market to attempt. The most necessary factor is that the diet data will suit your keto weight loss plan, and the elements are one thing you’ll be able to be ok with.
More Low Carb Chicken Recipes
Now that you just’re pounding wholesome hen tenders and sauce you’ll want extra hen recipes to fill your cravings. Our favourite keto hen recipes are:
- Keto Chicken Parmesan – This recipe is for all of the Italian meals lovers on the market. We made a keto pleasant breading and smothered it in cheese and marinara sauce. The better part is like all of our recipes it shops nicely in an hermetic container for keto meal prep.
- Chicken Crust Pizza – Pizza on a weight loss plan might be not what you have been anticipating, however it certain is scrumptious. Enjoy a wholesome low carb keto pizza with simply 1 internet carb a serving!
- Keto Fried Chicken – Fried hen is one in every of Americas favourite meals, so it’s little doubt that you just’ll be needing a keto pleasant model fairly quickly.
- Keto Cashew Chicken – Cashew hen gone keto is a good choice for individuals who depend on takeout and quick meals for many of their meals. It reminds you of the unique however takes beneath 30 minutes to make and eat!
Easy keto hen recipes are our favourite as a result of we are able to get pleasure from one thing that tastes identical to the carb model with out having to spoil our diets. For much more simple keto hen recipes take a look at the hen part of our weblog.
Baked Keto Chicken Tenders Recipe
If you’ve been in search of the right buffalo keto hen tender recipe to your keto weight loss plan, look no additional!
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 6 Tenders
Calories per serving 212kcal
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Preheat oven to 350 levels.
Season hen tenders with salt and pepper. Season the almond flour generously with salt and pepper.
Beat 1 egg along with 1 tbsp of heavy cream.
Dip every tender first within the egg wash after which into the seasoned almond flour. We like to put the tenders in a Tupperware container with the almond flour and shake to coat. A Ziploc bag additionally works nicely.
Place tenders on a flippantly greased baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. If they don’t seem to be as crispy as you prefer to you’ll be able to moreover broil them for two-three minutes.
Allow tenders to chill for five minutes earlier than having fun with.
Store within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Baked Keto Chicken Tenders Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2g10%
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Vitamin A 104IU2%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight loss plan.